Before I start on my reflection part, the most important thing is that I would like to thank my team members, Divya, Germaine and Xian Rui. Thanks so much for helping out with my part and the rehearsal. Even though we had to stay back after school and sacrifice some of our time and weekends, I still enjoyed working with you guys .In general, thanks very much for making this project successful=)
I believe one of my strength is that I did try to stay calm during my speech and make contact with everyone. And another good point is to choose the shortest part as I was aware that oral presentation is not my strength, hence I would rather speak less and make the whole presentation seems more successful, instead of screwing the whole thing with my incompetence.
As for my weakness, I believe my eye contact was just sweeping glances with the audiences as I was trying to remember the figures. And I believe that I tend to speak softer when I was unsure of certain parts. Also, over-relying on my script is affecting my voice projection.
However, I felt that as compared to the peer teaching, I was a little more confident as my team had really spend a lot of time rehearsing together. This oral presentation really gave me a chance to improve on my presentation skills. I believed I had learnt a lot from this oral presentation.
Shi Ting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Shi Ting,
ReplyDeleteI found that your presentation was loud and clear. I think it was good that you didnt refer to your notes too much. However, I did notice at times you would look up, as if recalling what you had to say. This made it seemed rather memorised. But I have to say that you did have good eye contact, and didnt refer to the slide much.
Overall good job!:)
Hi Shi Ting,
ReplyDeleteI thought you did well for this presentation. Like Keerthani mentioned, your voice projection was loud and clear. You also seemed more confident and sure of yourself, as compared to the peer teaching presentation.
The only weakness I noticed was that you had the tendency to look at the audience in front, and did not have much eye contact with those of us sitting further behind.
All in all, I think you made a great improvement in terms of presentation skills. See you in class!
Gwen
Hi Shi Ting
ReplyDeleteI was actually very impressed by how calm you were right before speaking since you were actually pretty nervous right before that.
However, I think you have really improved through the many rehearsals during this OP and are much more confident now. Though I did not get to see you presenting upfront, your voice projection was good and I do not think you portrayed unsureness at any point. So keep up the good work and I hope this OP has helped you in overcoming the fear of presentations.
All the best!
Cheers,
Div
Hi Shi Ting,
ReplyDeleteI think you need more confidence in yourself, girl. And, I am not even talking about the presentation. You were fine during your oral presentation and thus, I see no reason why you should limit yourself to presenting lesser than anyone else.
I thought that your voice projection was good, eye contact was reasonable and you were also clear in your speech. You were perhaps a bit rushing through the points on one or two occasions. Otherwise, I thought you did a pretty decent job that day.
Have a little (more) faith. [by Mitch Albom]
See you in class,
Kenny
keerthani: ok, i will take note of that eye looking up thing. i guess it's a form of habit, but i will try to change it=)
ReplyDeletegwen: actually after my part, i did realise that i didn't really look at the audience sitting at the back. thanks for pointing it out, as i thought that the people at the back will not realise it and i was wrong.
diyva: i believed all the credits should go to you, germaine and xian rui!! especially you,thanks very much for rehearsing with me and giving me suggestions..i believe without your help, i wouldnt be able to even present my part..thanks=)
kenny: thanks for the advice. i will try to have more confidence in myself=)
thanks everyone=)
take care and best wishes,
Shi Ting